Ways to Avoid Identity Theft
Follow these best practices to help keep your identity and finances secure.
With multiple layers of security, Fidelity Bank of Florida takes extensive measures to protect your personal and business information. You can also help safeguard your information and identity online with the following steps.
- Keep your web browsers, computer operating system, mobile device firmware and antivirus software updated with the latest versions
- Look for the “Lock” or “Key” icon on your browser status bar and a URL that displays https:// before entering personal financial information on websites
- Be aware of common identity theft schemes and learn how to prevent them
- Never leave your computer unattended when it’s signed on to a financial site, like the Fidelity Bank of Florida Internet Banking
- While we don't recommend using public WiFi or public computers to access your account, be sure to take precautions if doing so
- Receiving and responding to emails
Fidelity Bank of Florida will never request your passwords, deposit account numbers, credit card numbers or other sensitive information through an email Don’t respond to scam emails that appear to come from government agencies like the FDIC or third party financial organizations like NACHA advising you that an electronic transaction has failed—instead, contact your Fidelity Bank of Florida branch. The Merritt Island phone number is 321-452-0011 and the Longwood phone number is 407-830-4404.. Only send personal and financial information through a secure email.